Friday, March 21, 2008

Donation from Gift of the Givers Foundation


After my 4th visit, I was able to get generous donation from Gift of the Givers Foundation in Blantyre, Malawi. Mr. Sunka, the district manager promised to provide 120 bottles of nutritional supplement products per month for the period of 3 months, in addition to 15 bags of Farmer's Pack (2kg of maize seeds, 2kg of nuts seeds, 5kg x 2 fertilizer for both seeds).


Starting with preschools with a strong and committed committee members, I began distributing the Farmer's Packs. This 2 kg of maize seeds with a good quality fertilizer will provide 6 bags of maize flour, enough to sustain food (maize porridge) for a preschool for one whole year. I had each committee to agree to buy new seeds and fertilizer out of the nuts production profit for the following year.


I can only wish for the committee to take good care of the garden and enough rain to fall.


At the next Teacher Training Day, I will distribute the nutritional supplement to all preschools.
(Photo: Committee chairperson and a teacher at True Faith preschool holding the Farmer's Pack & Shakie, my supervisor/translator)



No comments: