Monday, March 17, 2008

Soy beans for Positive Living Club


Every Monday and Wednesday afternoon, I go visit Positive Living Club (group of people who are infected by HIV). Some of them are mothers of babies. Others lost their partner, family members, and/or friends from AIDS. Many of them are young, seemingly healthy-looking people. I haven't gotten to know each and every one of them as yet because most of them don't speak English, but I want to become their friend who can be there to support them.




Anyways, I contacted some soy beans companies back home in Japan and was able to get Non-genetically-modified soy beans donated by Sanko-Shokuhin. This company and persons in charge of communicating with me were incredibly supportive and generous. And their precious beans from Japan just arrived yesterday so I went to deliver them to PLC members this afternoon.




It was so nice to see PLC members with bright smiles. We decided to plant the seeds in the beginning of April after rain season. I really hope these seeds will grow strong and contribute to better nutrition as well as their income generation.




No comments: